Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chavez And That Sulphur Remark

Building next door to White House erupts in flames

"Firefighters battled thick smoke and flames Wednesday inside the historic Eisenhower Executive Office Building, next door to the White House, which houses the vice president's ceremonial offices.

They used axes to break windows on the third floor of the ornate building shortly after the blaze broke out after 9 a.m.

The fire started near the vice presidential offices, CNN's Kathleen Koch reported.

Fifteen firetrucks, including three ladder trucks, responded to the call."



Blogger tkn said...

My immediate reaction was they're getting rid of more evidence.

Perhaps notes from the Energy Task Force.

Good title, I didn't make that connection. ha ha

19/12/07 7:56 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

You're probably right about incriminating evidence, tkn. Maybe the shredders overheated :)

19/12/07 8:10 PM  
Blogger spooked said...

Maybe the shredders overheated


Has there been an official explanation of the fire? Seems Cheney et al are brazen enough to just start a fire to burn evidence...

20/12/07 4:11 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

The fire was supposed to have started in some electrical circuitry according to the official story. Seems to be in a "nothing to see here, folks" category of events which always raises my interest.

20/12/07 7:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.