Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Police Brutality Coloring Book


"Artists in New York have created a colouring book inspired by allegations of police violence against Occupy Wall Street activists.

The Police Brutality Colouring Book is a 48-page DIY publication now on sale online, reports Wired.com.

Creator Joe 'Heaps' Nelson said he had been inspired to act after a "friend of a friend" had been pepper-sprayed in Manhattan.

He had also been affected by the infamous footage of a police officer casually pepper spraying protesters at the University of California.

"I wasn't directly involved with the movement, but I had been down there a few times and was sympathetic to the cause," said Mr Nelson.

"I am outraged at how the police are treating people and moral outrage is not my default setting... I knew I had to do something."

He got 46 artists to create black and white drawings, ranging from crude sketches to detailed illustrative art, for the project."
Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.