Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Jet Lag

I can't say that I was pleasantly surprised that flying from the Portland airport to Tampa wasn't horrible as far as TSA security was involved, but at least there weren't snarling dogs and machine guns present. The whole farce is meant to get us used to being compliant and docile though; I can easily see the fascists hammering out the agenda's timetable in some back room, thinking that the best strategy would be to grab society's vulnerable chokepoints - the ability to travel and communicate, knowing that in time people would forget how it used to be. Security, of course, means their security from us, after all.

To me the biggest and most obvious farce of all was to take your shoes off. In a way it reminded me of that scene in Schindler's list where the nazis strip the people and make them run around in a circle. When Richard Reid the imbecilic shoe bomber saga was shoved down our throats it was so asinine as to be pathetic, but now I realize why that little drama was played out, just like the liquid bomb burlesque. The overlords wanted to make us all scrape and bow just a little bit, not strip us naked on our knees just yet, just humiliate us in such a way that we never forget who's boss. The Abu Ghraib treatment for Iraqis went full throttle right from the get go - no pretentions were necessary for ragheads who were being slaughtered indiscriminately anyway.

The lack of immediate post 9/11 machinr Artilleristenwith curt achtungs echoing through the airports must mean the manipulators are comfortable with the way americans have accepted their obeïssance enough to satisfy them for now. After all, business must be attended to with all the eventual syphoning of riches, so flying can't be too much of a hassle and our neo fascists would rather not have to polish their jackboots too often if you catch my drift. It seems their way of doing things is to make the big 9/11 type splash and then get execrable MSM toadies to accelerate the propaganda to bring us up to the next subjugation level. They know that it only takes a little booster shot now and then to maintain our fear level.

I had to fly down here to take care of some family business but that didn't mean I had to fly home, so I'm driving back. To me the act of flying is a hallucinogenic, surreal experience. Not so much the physical travel from one place to another but the whole sub universe that's grown up around it. Coming from a backpack generation I guess I didn't know you had to pull your color coordinated little travois to be a well heeled globetrotter. In the twenty five years since I flew anywhere the airports have become vast insulated bubbles that I imagine will one day start printing their own currencies.
While I was in the air I paid attention to every little squeak and groan from the engines, watched in awe as the wings flapped like a bird when we hit turbulence over the Rockies (a "little chop" the pilot came on to say) and was admittedly nervous when we took off and landed. Not so the bulk of the other passengers. I'll tell you that's what gets me - they appear (or want to appear) completely blase about being attached to overused explosive devices and being hurtled miles in the sky at a deathly rate wrapped in aluminum foil. Misplaced trust, I'll tell ya.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.