Monday, January 16, 2012

Fukushima What?

Doctors unsure why thyroid cancer cases on the rise

"NDIANAPOLIS – Thyroid cancer, which affects about 11 people per 100,000 each year, seems to be on the rise. It's a trend that baffles medical researchers.

National Cancer Institute statistics suggest that in recent years the number of cases of this often curable cancer has increased by about 6.5%. Over a decade, that has added up to make thyroid cancer the fastest-increasing cancer, says Tod Huntley, an otolaryngologist and head and neck surgeon with the Center for Ear, Nose, Throat and Allergy in Indianapolis.

"Ten years ago, if I saw four new thyroid cancer patients a year, it would have been a lot," says G. Irene Minor, a radiation oncologist with Indiana University Health Central Indiana Cancer Center. "Now sometimes I see that many in a month, and I have seen three in a week."

Thyroid cancer is more common in women younger than 45, Minor said. Doctors don't know why that's the case, but thyroid problems in general — such as hyper- or hypo-thyroidism — are more common in women.

The thyroid helps regulate heart rate, blood pressure, body temperature and weight. Thyroid cancer is three times more common in women than men.

Experts remain divided on the cause of the increase.
"

For about six months now down here in the SW my hair has been falling out. All my life, even in my later years, I've had a thick mane that barbers even had to use thinning shears on when I went in for a cut. Now I'm going bald. I also vomit all the time. My wife had a tooth fall out of her mouth a couple weeks ago.
We've been showered with radiation from the deadliest nuclear catastrophe in history and have been lied to ever since the disaster occurred.
It wouldn't surprise me if I along with tens of millions of others am being killed by fallout, and our criminal, fascist overlords have remained mum about it, probably because they're being paid off by the nuclear industry.

Now 20,000 excess U.S. deaths after Fukushima

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.