Thursday, June 26, 2008

Great Moments In Diplomacy

Sockpuppet, to visiting Filipino President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo while her country reels from the ferry disaster that killed 800 people.


PRESIDENT BUSH: Madam President, it is a pleasure to welcome you back to the Oval Office. We have just had a very constructive dialogue. First, I want to tell you how proud I am to be the President of a nation that -- in which there's a lot of Philippine-Americans. They love America and they love their heritage. And I reminded the President that I am reminded of the great talent of the -- of our Philippine-Americans when I eat dinner at the White House. (Laughter.)
PRESIDENT ARROYO: Yes.
PRESIDENT BUSH: And the chef is a great person and a really good cook, by the way, Madam President.
PRESIDENT ARROYO: Thank you.



h/t HuffPo

3 Comments:

Blogger Martin said...

Did you see this quote:
"...whether or not their loved ones will, YOU KNOW, reappear."

No I dont think she knows George. Yale accepted this guy?!

26/6/08 9:19 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Oh jeez, no I didn't.

Yale was forced to accept the rube, entitlement and all that.

26/6/08 6:06 PM  
Blogger Martin said...

That’s obvious.
I was being sarcastic :)

27/6/08 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.