Saturday, January 27, 2007

Movies

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

"Please welcome Pastor Sonny, a caring individual who loves hurting people.."


I just got done watching Jesus Camp, a film you must see.

Right at the start of this documentary radio host Mike Papantonio asks the question "Do you think you know your country? You don't". Without narration and with hand held cameras the makers of this movie allow the religiously insane show how they're meticulously molding a large section of the upcoming generation to turn this country into Jesusland.

The film is rated PG13 for the viewers, but I'd give the wackos in it an X rating for how they abuse the kids with their sickness. Mrs Lipstick is going to tell anyone who asks that this is actually an X rated horror flick. It was jaw dropping for me to watch as they systematically went about teaching the children to be soldiers for jeebus, to literally smash things they perceive as unholy, to be willing martyrs in their culture war. These kids have their childhood stolen from them and get blood and abortion prayers and death to Harry Potter for breakfast. It will take many years for them to recover from being immersed in such insanity, if ever they do.

This doc is unique in that for the most part it simply shows how evangelical crazies go about their business, and both people in agreement and critics of religion will believe it's a fair portrayal. They focus a bit more on a few certain individuals, and their total access makes you wonder what it was they told the nutcases but the makers use few techniques to sway your opinion. I looked on in horror when a camp meeting was turned into a madhouse with crying, babbling, twitching kids; people who believe will think otherwise. Nonetheless, this is what they do and it's important that as many people as possible see it for themselves. This is the batshit insanity thats in the driver's seat of our bus as we go flying off the cliff.

Pastor Ted's will truly make you squirm, and the facility was located on a Devil's Lake. Go figure.

Unfortunately this is probably the future for Jesus Camp alumnus:

6 Comments:

Blogger Reel Fanatic said...

I haven't managed to see Jesus Camp yet, but I will very soon ... have you seen Boys of Baraka, another documentary from the same directors? if not, I recommend it most highly

28/1/07 3:48 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

I had never even heard of that one but just looked it up at imdb and it sounds fascinating. Thank you reel fanatic.

28/1/07 4:54 AM  
Blogger Laurie said...

I haven't seen this movie, but I feel I have the gist of it. Please know that not all "Christians" are of the hateful, radical variety.

28/1/07 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, what Laurie said. Plus...I plan to watch this ASAP.

And hey, please go to my site and watch my unique documentaries. A link and a comment would be appreciated as well, if you think they merit it. thanks.

28/1/07 11:58 AM  
Blogger Peter of Lone Tree said...

You ever hang out at the Rigorous Intuition Discussion Board?

The main site is HERE.

Their archived "Mind Control" link is HERE.

Scroll to bottom of page to "Jump to 'Select a forum'" for more archived topics.

They cover some gruesome shit.

28/1/07 3:17 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Yes Laurie, I agree as I was raised in a christian family. But this isn't what it pretends to be, it's a bizarre, made up and pathological sickness that pretends to be christian to suck people into it's sickness, wouldn't you agree?
PeterofLoneTree - yup, I make RI a regular pitstop.
I'll go over and take a look rcg as soon as I post this, I've learned not to play around with blogger too long - things tend to go poof if you don't post 'em quick these days.

28/1/07 8:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.