Saturday, January 15, 2011

Touching Emails Older Folks Forward To Each Other

The Elderly

When we get older we think different don't we.
This is a touching story. Just when you have lost faith in human kindness, someone
who teaches at Kean Elementary in Wooster, Ohio forwarded the following
letter.
The letter was sent to the Principals office after the school had sponsored
a luncheon for the elderly. An old lady received a new radio at the lunch as
a door prize and was writing to say thank you. This story is a credit to all
humankind. Forward to anyone you know who might need a lift today.


Dear Kean Elementary:

God bless you for the beautiful radio I won at your recent senior
citizens luncheon. I am 84 years old and live at the Sprenger Home for the
Aged. All of my family has passed away. I am all alone now
and it's nice to know that someone is thinking of me. God bless you for your
kindness to an old forgotten lady. My roommate is 95 and has always had
her own radio, but before I received one, she would never let me listen to
hers, even when she was napping.

The other day her radio fell off the night stand and broke into a lot of pieces.
It was awful and she was in tears. Her distress over the broken radio touched
me and I knew this was God's way of answering my prayers. She asked if she
could listen to mine, and I told her to kiss my ass.

Thank you for that opportunity.



We've been busy fixing our home system and upgrading our ISP. I can't relate how frustrating our connection was with an old Alltel air card. Since we were locked into a two year contract we had to suffer with an absolutely miserable, unreliable radio signal that ruined more downloads than I can remember. Of course it didn't help that Alltel was gobbled up by Verizon who couldn't have cared less about it's customers, especially the ones with grandfathered accounts with less expensive unlimited access.
We have broadband cable now.
Life is good again.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Earl and Billy's ma Shirlene said...

That ain't very Christian.

15/1/11 1:23 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Perhaps not Shirlene, yet a wonderful wry perspective from an 86 year old neighbor who fought his way across europe in ww2.
It's interesting how the old codgers like to communicate by forwarding emails back and forth. I think that's the only way they communicate - the few times some of them try to write something original it always seems like it's a real struggle.

15/1/11 11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.