Monday, October 06, 2008

On The Road

Funny how being away from the internet and relying on radio news at the top of the hour to stay informed leaves one feeling like you're on another planet. My laptop went poof and this is the first time I've been near a computer for a week. What a cold, cold feeling.
However from Fox and ABC radio news I know that OJ was found guilty, there was a bus accident in California and Obama said something nasty about McSame. Not much grist for the blog entry mill, I tell you. I could make this a diary but I sure wouldn't want to read about me, so I'm going to wait until we're situated, hopefully with satellite internet and a couple of decent laptops that won't go down like a stock market.

added 10/10/08 - Couple observations from our travels. In Utah we passed communities by the dozens where whole neighborhoods are deserted. These were bedroom towns for the bigger cities, located next to highways. They were mostly planned developments and completely built and I saw probably that 75% to 90% of the houses have never been lived in and already show some weathering. Thought that ran through my head - what if they built a house and no one came?
To get to our bug out we stayed some nights on the road at RV campgrounds. In years past there was always a mix of trailer and motorhome types, some new, some well used. Now it seems the only vehicles you'll see in places like these are the high end monsters. Not one older, smaller plebeian camper to be seen.
Another indication to me that it's all changing. For the worse.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

make sure you just didn't forget to shut down your laptop and it is in some sort of weird save/hibernation mode. remember to unplug the AC adapter AND remove the battery. wait 5 seconds, then put the battery back in and plug in the AC adapter. see if you get something besides a blank screen. If still nothing, take out your laptop's harddrive, maybe it has moved with all the moving and sometimes reseating it will fix things (it has for me).

fyi

6/10/08 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missing you, pigster. Hope you get back online soon.

greencrow

6/10/08 6:23 PM  
Blogger Devin said...

Glad for the update! Best wishes as always!-Devin

7/10/08 1:26 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Thanks for the well wishes, guys.
I'll try that with the battery, anon.

10/10/08 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.