Monday, May 05, 2008

An Atheist Goes Undercover To Join The Gabbling Christopaths

Matt Taibbi gets his demon vomit bag

"The hooting and howling went on seemingly forever. It was nearly an hour and a half before Fortenberry was done. He had cast out the demons of every ailment, crime, domestic problem and intellectual discipline on the face of the Earth. He cast out horoscopes, false gods, witches, intellectual pride, nearsightedness, everything, it seemed to me, except maybe E. coli and John Updike novels. At least four of the men and about six of the women writhed and screamed and fussed themselves into sheer physical exhaustion, collapsing in chairs by the time it was over. Several of the coaches actually had to bring Wayne Williams and the other young black man behind the chapel to subdue their demons. By then most of us men were just sitting there mute, looking around absent-mindedly, waiting for it to end. I was sitting there, clutching my demon vomit bag -- perhaps the single greatest souvenir of my journalistic career -- when I made the mistake of closing my mouth. A coach rushed over to me.
"Matthew!" he snapped. "Keep your mouth open! Let the demons out!"
"Oh, right!" I said. I straightened up and opened my mouth in the shape of a letter O."

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher Farrell said...

I've been trying to ignore your blog for a while now, and you are a total nutcase ranter. You may as well be foaming at the mouth and waving your arms about wildly.

5/5/08 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Then why are you reading it?

6/5/08 1:25 AM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Nice to meet you too, chris.
Since your comment is in response to this post about a journalist going undercover to experience raving christian lunacy of the John Hagee variety, which John McCain is tied at the hip too, I assume you resonate with this religiosity as well, which is like calling the kettle black, no?

6/5/08 5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.