Saturday, April 02, 2011

Put A Garden In

Even if you eventually can't eat from it because of cesium-137.
It'll give you some hope for the future, because aside from having a kid it's the most optimistic thing a person can do.
And if this guy is saying watch out, hyperinflation is just around the corner.

WALMART chief warns of 'serious' inflation in coming months

"U.S. consumers face "serious" inflation in the months ahead for clothing, food and other products, the head of Wal-Mart's U.S. operations warned Wednesday.

The world's largest retailer is working with suppliers to minimize the effect of cost increases and believes its low-cost business model will position it better than its competitors.

Still, inflation is "going to be serious," Wal-Mart U.S. CEO Bill Simon said during a meeting with USA TODAY's editorial board. "We're seeing cost increases starting to come through at a pretty rapid rate."

2 Comments:

Blogger michael tew said...

Good call. I just started work on the garden today. Even though I had to run inside three or four times to avoid the frequent showers I was determined to get the first part (turn soil, pull weeds) done for my birthday today. Tomorrow I will do some soil conditioning and plant the first seeds.

2/4/11 3:20 PM  
Blogger nolocontendere said...

Happy birthday old man.
I realized the potential of complete poisoning of the soil a couple of days after the Fukushima meltdown and stopped all work on my gardening, Now I refuse to allow it all to dissuade me from doing what I love to do best. There's no running from this catastrophe. If I die while I'm weeding the tomatoes, or if the accumulation of radioactive particles nails me after eating my vegetables, I'll know they never succeeded in forcing me to my knees in fear, and they can go to fucking hell.

2/4/11 7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Cost of the War in Iraq
(JavaScript Error)
To see more details, click here.